The first 2 pictures are now established as Peter Gethin and Johnny Servoz-Gavin at the Eifelrennen F.3 race, April 23rd 1967. The other 4 are from the same race but in 1982.
They are: Kenny Acheson and Jonathan Palmer - Ralt Hondas; Richard Dallest - March and the great Stefan Bellof - Maurer. Thanks to UDO KLINKEL for those photos -
and this lovely one of Jo Siffert at the Sudschleife in 1968, talking to Hans Herrmann.
Here are 2 more nice images from Udo, taken at the 1971 Eifelrennen F2 race. Graham Hill was driving for Rondel that season, while Hans Stuck was about to drive in his first F2 race with an Eifelland Brabham.
Jim Clark and Graham Hill at the 1962 U. S. Grand Prix, Watkins Glen - by PAUL MEDICI
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
1. The car is the Northland Special which in its original guise as the Jackson Special won the first New Zealand Grand Prix held at Ohakea in 1950. The driver then was John McMillan, the driver in the photo is Fred Courtney
2. is Abba Kogan driving his replica 250F (CM1) at Whenuapi in 1998.
3. is the GT that was made from the beautiful Ferrari GP car that Pat Hoare raced in New Zealand. It was later purchasd by Neil Corner who had it converted back to its original form
4. shows John McCormack in his Repco V8-engined Elfin MR6. It was taken on practice day for the 1975 New Zealand Grand Prix at Pukekohe
5. was taken at Pukekohe during the 1975 New Zealand Grand Prix. It shows Max Stewart in his Lola T400 leading Chris Amon in the Talon MR1
6. is Denny Hulme dmonstrating his McLaren M23 at Pukekohe. The McLaren team gave Hulme this car (M23-1) when he retired from F1 racing in 1974
photos come from MILAN FISTONIC
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 5.
ROB RYDER has very kindly supplied these great photos of F.5000 cars in 1973.
1. Tony Dean - Chevron B24
2. Brett Lunger - Lola T330
3. David Hobbs - Lola T330
4. Alan Rollinson - McRae GM1
5. Jock Russell - McRae GM1
6. Bob Evans - Trojan T101
return to index page